Jonathan Andic was arrested as the investigation into the death of his father, Isak Andic — the cofounder of Spanish fashion brand Mango — continues.
Multiple outlets confirmed on Tuesday, May 19, that Jonathan, 45, had been taken into custody by the Catalonia Police (Mossos d’Esquadra) as a suspect. Details regarding his charges have yet to be confirmed.
“Jonathan is currently giving a statement as part of the investigation into the accident of December 14, 2024,” the family’s spokesperson told Spanish outlets. “At this time, we cannot add much more because the investigation is under seal.”
They concluded, “Our cooperation has been and will continue to be absolute throughout this process.”
The Associated Press confirmed on Tuesday that Jonathan was taken to Martorell, the city in Spain where Isak’s death is being investigated, ahead of a court appearance.
Celebrity Deaths of 2026: Star Wars Voice Actor Tom Kane and More
Isak died at age 71 in December 2024 after a nearly 500-foot fall off a cliff while hiking with Jonathan in Barcelona. His death was announced in a statement shared via the Mango website. (Isak was worth $4.5 billion at the time of his death.)
“It is with deep regret that we announce the unexpected death of Isak Andic, our non-executive Chairman and founder of Mango, in an accident that occurred this Saturday,” the company’s CEO, Toni Ruiz, said in a statement at the time. “Isak has been an example for all of us. He dedicated his life to Mango, leaving an indelible mark thanks to his strategic vision, his inspiring leadership and his unwavering commitment to values that he himself imbued in our company.”

The statement continued, “His legacy reflects the achievements of a business project marked by success, and also by his human quality, his proximity and the care and affection that he always had and at all times conveyed to the entire organization. His departure leaves a huge void but all of us are, in some way, his legacy and the testimony of his achievements.”
An investigation into Isak’s death was closed weeks after the incident. However, authorities reopened the case in March 2025.

By October of that year, police confirmed that they were investigating the fashion giant’s death as a possible homicide. The U.K.’s The Times reported that authorities were looking into Jonathan. Investigators cited the testimony of Isak’s partner, Estefanía Knuth, who claimed there were “strained relations” between the father and son.
Jonathan is the eldest son of the late Isak, who was a father of three. The Andic family released a statement in October 2025 regarding reports of Jonathan’s involvement.
“The Andic family has not commented, and will not comment, on Isak Andic’s death. It wishes to show respect for the ongoing proceedings and will continue co-operating fully with the authorities,” they shared. “The family is confident that this process will end soon and that Jonathan Andic’s innocence will be proven.”


