Sunday, February 22, 2026
DIGESTWIRE
Contribute
CONTACT US
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Blog
  • Founders
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Blog
  • Founders
No Result
View All Result
DIGESTWIRE
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Iranian students clash with security forces during protests amid Trump warning

by DigestWire member
February 22, 2026
in Breaking News, World
0
Iranian students clash with security forces during protests amid Trump warning
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Protesters commemorating people killed during a deadly government crackdown in Iran last month have clashed with security forces at a university in Tehran.

Students chanted anti-regime slogans, including “death to [Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali] Khamenei”.

They faced off with members of the Basij, a volunteer internal police force which is a branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, according to anti-government media.

Footage shows violent clashes at the Sharif University of Technology on Saturday, while other clips on social media showed protesters with bloody head injuries.

There were also reported demonstrations at the Amir Kabir University of Technology and the University of Tehran.

The protests followed a brutal crackdown on dissent in January which saw thousands of people killed.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump is considering military action against Iran.

‘Putin should be ashamed’: The ‘hero city’ 30,000 Russians failed to take

How ‘hero city’ of Ukraine defied Putin and stalled 30,000 invaders

‘She started to forget, little by little’: Virtual reality offers escape to Gaza’s children

Mr Trump warned on Friday that strikes were possible even as Iran’s top diplomat said Tehran expected to have a proposed deal ready in the next few days.

It follows talks with the US over Iran’s nuclear programme.

America has scaled up its military presence in the Middle East in recent weeks.

The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and its strike group will shortly be joined by the USS Gerald Ford, which passed Gibraltar on Saturday en route to the region.

“I guess I can say I am considering that,” said Mr Trump when asked by a reporter at the White House on Friday about a limited strike on Iran.

Meanwhile, Masoud Pezeshkian, Iran’s president, sounded a defiant tone during a meeting with Paralympic athletics on Saturday.

“We will not bow our heads in the face of these problems,” he said. “We will try to bring honour and pride to our country.

“As long as we are alive, and we can breathe, we will sacrifice our lives for our country.

“By God’s grace and strength, we will not lower our heads in the face of these difficulties. Even though the outside world and global powers are unfairly pressing us to submit, we will not bow our heads, just as you [athletes] refused to bow to difficulties.”

Read more:
How US military is assembling within striking distance of Iran
UK has not agreed to let US strike Iran from British bases

Be the first to get Breaking News

Install the Sky News app for free

Mr Trump talked up regime change in Iran on 13 February when he revealed that a second aircraft carrier was heading to the Middle East.

“It seems like that would be the best thing that could happen,” Mr Trump said. “For 47 years, they’ve been talking and talking and talking.

“In the meantime, we’ve lost a lot of lives while they talk. Legs ‌blown off, arms blown off, faces blown off. We’ve been going on for a long time.”

Read Entire Article
Tags: Breaking NewsSkynewsWorld
Share30Tweet19
Next Post
Move over, Apple: Meet the alternative app stores available in the EU and elsewhere

Move over, Apple: Meet the alternative app stores available in the EU and elsewhere

‘Forest High’ Review: Three Women Escape the Noise in a Beguiling Mountain Retreat of a Movie

‘Forest High’ Review: Three Women Escape the Noise in a Beguiling Mountain Retreat of a Movie

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

No Result
View All Result
Coins MarketCap Live Updates Coins MarketCap Live Updates Coins MarketCap Live Updates
ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights

MARA Holdings Completes Strategic Acquisition of Controlling Stake in French Computing Firm Exaion

Bitcoin miner Bitdeer dumps entire BTC reserves, holdings drop to zero

Young and Heaphy upstage Nicholls as Central Districts win Ford Trophy title

Olympian Ana Alonso Rodriguez Wins 2 Bronze Medals After Being Hit By Car

Anthropic Launches Claude Code Security, Shaking up Cybersecurity Stocks

Blizzard warnings send East Coast scrambling to prepare for heavy snow and strong winds

Trending

‘Forest High’ Review: Three Women Escape the Noise in a Beguiling Mountain Retreat of a Movie
Entertainment

‘Forest High’ Review: Three Women Escape the Noise in a Beguiling Mountain Retreat of a Movie

by DigestWire member
February 22, 2026
0

There are no luxuries and only the most essential comforts on offer at the remote Alpine refuge...

Move over, Apple: Meet the alternative app stores available in the EU and elsewhere

Move over, Apple: Meet the alternative app stores available in the EU and elsewhere

February 22, 2026
Iranian students clash with security forces during protests amid Trump warning

Iranian students clash with security forces during protests amid Trump warning

February 22, 2026
MARA Holdings Completes Strategic Acquisition of Controlling Stake in French Computing Firm Exaion

MARA Holdings Completes Strategic Acquisition of Controlling Stake in French Computing Firm Exaion

February 22, 2026

Bitcoin miner Bitdeer dumps entire BTC reserves, holdings drop to zero

February 22, 2026
DIGEST WIRE

DigestWire is an automated news feed that utilizes AI technology to gather information from sources with varying perspectives. This allows users to gain a comprehensive understanding of different arguments and make informed decisions. DigestWire is dedicated to serving the public interest and upholding democratic values.

Privacy Policy     Terms and Conditions

Recent News

  • ‘Forest High’ Review: Three Women Escape the Noise in a Beguiling Mountain Retreat of a Movie February 22, 2026
  • Move over, Apple: Meet the alternative app stores available in the EU and elsewhere February 22, 2026
  • Iranian students clash with security forces during protests amid Trump warning February 22, 2026

Categories

  • Blockchain
  • Blog
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Cricket
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Defense
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • Founders
  • Health Care
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Strange
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • Uncategorized
  • US News
  • World

© 2020-23 Digest Wire. All rights belong to their respective owners.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Blockchain
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Strange
  • Blog
  • Founders
  • Contribute!

© 2024 Digest Wire - All right reserved.

Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.