Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s connection to Jeffrey Epstein is being put under the microscope in newly released files from the Department of Justice.
In one file obtained by Us Weekly, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) received a tip from a woman, whose name had been redacted, in October 2019 alleging that Andrew was at Epstein Island.
“[Redacted] alleges that she witnessed Prince Andrew do things with young women on the island,” the file alleges. “[Redacted] said Prince Andrew was going to the bedroom and get on top of young girls and have sex with them. [Redacted] said this happened around 1995-2003.”
The report was taken when the unnamed female called the National Threat Operations Center to report that she had information in the Epstein case.
Why Was Prince Andrew Arrested? Charges Explained, Royal Family’s Reaction
According to the FBI, the female tipster had allegedly been to the island “several times.”
The file stated the unidentified woman had been raped as a juvenile. (Names of alleged attackers are not identified in the report.)
She claimed her alleged rape was investigated but added that “she doesn’t think the police believe her story.”
“[Redacted] also alleges that she was forced to give injections of unknown substances to the girls on the island” and she “received injections of unknown substances and pills,” as stated in the report.

Epstein, the 66-year-old disgraced millionaire, was facing federal sex trafficking charges when he died by suicide in August 2019 after he was found unresponsive in his cell at Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City. At the time of his death, he was set to stand trial for allegedly sexually abusing dozens of girls in New York and Florida, with some of the charges dating back to the early 2000s.
Years prior to his arrest on federal charges, Epstein reached a plea deal with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Miami in 2007 that included a non-prosecution agreement allowing the hedge-fund manager to plead guilty to two state charges and avoid federal charges for alleged similar sexual misconduct. At the time, he served 13 months of an 18-month sentence in county jail in Florida.
Prince Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing related to Epstein and has also expressed regret over his years-long friendship with the disgraced businessman.
How Is Prince Andrew Connected to the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal? Timeline
King Charles III’s brother was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday, February 19. The U.K.’s Thames Valley Police said in a statement that it had “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.” It added that searches are being carried out in Berkshire and Norfolk.
While police stated that it would not be naming the man per national guidance, multiple media outlets identified the individual arrested as Andrew. In addition, Charles, 77, released a statement about his brother’s arrest.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation,” he said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace. “Let me state clearly: The law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Us Weekly also reached out to Andrew’s lawyer for comment on the arrest.
Prince Andrew Looks Distressed in 1st Sighting After Arrest
Earlier this month, the Thames Valley Police confirmed to the BBC that it was assessing allegations that Andrew shared confidential information with Epstein while serving as a U.K. trade envoy. He held that role between 2001 and 2011.
Andrew’s royal downfall originally began in 2019 when Virginia Giuffre accused the royal family member of sexually assaulting her when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein. Giuffre, who died by suicide in April 2025 at age 41, settled a lawsuit against Andrew for an undisclosed amount of money in 2022. Andrew has always denied her allegations.
In a letter sent to Congress over President’s Day weekend, Attorney General Pam Bondi claimed that the Justice Department released all of the Epstein files required by law.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).



