Wednesday, February 18, 2026
DIGESTWIRE
Contribute
CONTACT US
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Blog
  • Founders
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Blog
  • Founders
No Result
View All Result
DIGESTWIRE
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Van driver found guilty over fatal crash on smart motorway

by DigestWire member
February 18, 2026
in Breaking News, UK News, World
0
Van driver found guilty over fatal crash on smart motorway
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A motorist who crashed into the back of a broken-down car on a smart motorway has been convicted of causing the fatal collision.

Barry O’Sullivan, 45, of Wixams near Bedford, was driving a grey Ford work van at the time of the collision with a Nissan Micra, which had stopped in the outside lane of the M4 in Berkshire.

The crash on 7 March 2022 on the westbound carriageway between junctions 11 and 12 caused both vehicles to propel forward, with the Nissan bursting into flames.

Pulvinder Dhillon, who was a passenger in her daughter’s Micra, suffered fatal injuries.

The Nissan had been stationary in the fast lane for six minutes before the collision, the trial at Reading Crown Court was previously told.

O’Sullivan was driving his vehicle at speeds of 74-80mph along that same stretch of motorway for the five seconds before the crash.

An unresolved technical failure on the M4 smart motorway network meant alerts for broken-down vehicles were not properly communicated in the days leading up to the collision, the trial heard.

Defence lawyers argued O’Sullivan could not have caused the death of Ms Dhillon because the crash was “inevitable” given that the car was stationary in the fast lane and the smart motorway was not displaying any warning signs to other motorists.

While acknowledging “something went wrong” with the motorway’s safety alert system, the prosecution argued O’Sullivan still caused the death of Ms Dhillon by driving carelessly and “at speed”.

Read more from Sky News:
More rain and snow for UK – but warmer weather is coming
Big fall in household energy bills predicted from April

Feel the heat of the frontline with Alex Crawford, Stuart Ramsay and their teams as they take you to some of the world's Hotspots

He did not pick up on “cues” that the vehicle was stationary, including the fact other motorists were taking steps to avoid the broken-down Nissan, the prosecution told jurors.

O’Sullivan was found guilty on one count of causing death by careless driving.

A preliminary sentencing date has been set for 24 April.

Read Entire Article
Tags: Breaking NewsSkynewsUK
Share30Tweet19
Next Post
Republicans are using fraud scandals against Democrats in key races

Republicans are using fraud scandals against Democrats in key races

OceanView at Falmouth grows team with new hire and promotion

Public health, green groups sue EPA over repeal of rule supporting climate protections

Public health, green groups sue EPA over repeal of rule supporting climate protections

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

No Result
View All Result
Coins MarketCap Live Updates Coins MarketCap Live Updates Coins MarketCap Live Updates
ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights

Rathour stresses on ‘self-belief’ as Sri Lanka gear up for Super Eight

Sheriff Weighs Whether Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping Could Be Linked to Savannah

Dove Cameron Enchants in Prime Video’s Surprising Erotic Thriller ’56 Days’: TV Review

MK2 Films Partners With Salaud Morisset for Wim Wenders’ ‘The End of Violence’ (EXCLUSIVE)

‘Flies’ Review: Family Crisis Disrupts a Woman’s Solitude in Fernando Eimbcke’s Lovely, Lingering Charmer

Stephen Colbert’s Unaired James Talarico Interview Hits 5.3 Million YouTube Views and Results in $2.5 Million Raised for Talarico’s Campaign in 24 Hours

Trending

Benfica lash out at ‘defamation campaign’ against Gianluca Prestianni after racism allegations
Football

Benfica lash out at ‘defamation campaign’ against Gianluca Prestianni after racism allegations

by DigestWire member
February 18, 2026
0

Benfica are unhappy at criticism of Prestianni

Afghanistan look to end disappointing campaign on a high against Canada

Afghanistan look to end disappointing campaign on a high against Canada

February 18, 2026
Party at Premadasa as Sri Lanka face Zimbabwe with nothing on line

Party at Premadasa as Sri Lanka face Zimbabwe with nothing on line

February 18, 2026
Rathour stresses on ‘self-belief’ as Sri Lanka gear up for Super Eight

Rathour stresses on ‘self-belief’ as Sri Lanka gear up for Super Eight

February 18, 2026
Sheriff Weighs Whether Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping Could Be Linked to Savannah

Sheriff Weighs Whether Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping Could Be Linked to Savannah

February 18, 2026
DIGEST WIRE

DigestWire is an automated news feed that utilizes AI technology to gather information from sources with varying perspectives. This allows users to gain a comprehensive understanding of different arguments and make informed decisions. DigestWire is dedicated to serving the public interest and upholding democratic values.

Privacy Policy     Terms and Conditions

Recent News

  • Benfica lash out at ‘defamation campaign’ against Gianluca Prestianni after racism allegations February 18, 2026
  • Afghanistan look to end disappointing campaign on a high against Canada February 18, 2026
  • Party at Premadasa as Sri Lanka face Zimbabwe with nothing on line February 18, 2026

Categories

  • Blockchain
  • Blog
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Cricket
  • Crypto Market
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Defense
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • Founders
  • Health Care
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Strange
  • Technology
  • UK News
  • Uncategorized
  • US News
  • World

© 2020-23 Digest Wire. All rights belong to their respective owners.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • UK
  • US
  • Breaking News
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Health Care
  • Business
  • Sports
    • Sports
    • Cricket
    • Football
  • Defense
  • Crypto
    • Crypto News
    • Crypto Calculator
    • Blockchain
    • Coins Marketcap
    • Top Gainers and Loser of the day
    • Crypto Exchanges
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Strange
  • Blog
  • Founders
  • Contribute!

© 2024 Digest Wire - All right reserved.

Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.