Photos have emerged of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly Prince Andrew, throwing a risqué-shaped toy to a toddler.
The photos, which were taken in 2011 and obtained and published by TMZ on Thursday, February 19, depict Andrew, 66, crouched on the floor with a toddler. The former Duke of York and the toddler appear to be rolling a ball, which is shaped like a breast and painted with pale shades and a protruding nipple design.
Another image published by the outlet shows the child leaning over the ball with the object’s artificial nipple prominent in the shot. In another photo, Andrew and the young boy can be seen sitting side by side on a couch.
The photos are believed to be taken within Andrew’s private residence and the former royal was not alone with the child at the time, according to TMZ.
Prince Andrew Looks Distressed in 1st Sighting After Arrest
Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday. The day also marked Andrew’s 66th birthday.
The U.K.’s Thames Valley Police said in a statement that it has “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.” It added that searches are being carried out in Berkshire and Norfolk.
The police force said it would not be identifying the man, per national guidance, though multiple outlets including the BBC identified Andrew as the person arrested.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement, “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.”
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense,” he continued. “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

The arrest reportedly stems from newly released documents linked to the Epstein Files, including emails suggesting Andrew sent confidential information to Jeffrey Epstein while serving as the United Kingdom’s trade envoy in the early 2000s.
Us Weekly previously reached out to Andrew’s lawyer and Buckingham Palace for comment.
Following Andrew’s arrest, King Charles III issued a statement reacting to the news. (Charles stripped his brother of his “prince” title in November 2025 due to the controversy surrounding Andrew’s links to Epstein.)
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation,” Charles, 77, said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace on Thursday. “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
Why Was Prince Andrew Arrested? Charges Explained, Royal Family’s Reaction
Charles concluded, “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
The family of Virginia Giuffre also spoke out about Andrew’s arrest. Giuffre was one of Andrew’s most high-profile accusers and died by suicide in April 2025 at the age of 41.
“At last,” read a statement from Sky and Amanda Roberts and Danny and Lanette Wilson on Thursday, per the Today show. “Today our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty. On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the Thames Valley Police for the investigation and arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.”
The statement continued: “He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”
The same day, Giuffre’s lawyer, David Boies, also shared a statement to Us Weekly regarding the arrest.
“This is an important step towards justice for Epstein’s victims and accountability for their abusers,” he said. “Hopefully there are many more steps to come.”



